Using Flushing Solution on PM-417
Flushing solution can be used to recover printheads that show signs of blockage. This is done by loading a flushing solution into the printhead assembly which can breakdown lodge particles and clean the nozzle paths in the printhead.
This guide will explain how to flush out a single color printhead. As this process requires two ink loading cycles, it is important to ensure that there is at least 70% in each of the cartridges even fr printheads that are not being flushed.
From the maintence utility, print a nozzle check pattern to identify problem printheads. In the below picture note that the yellow printhead is not firing most of its nozzles.
2. Remove the ink tank of the color that needs flushing.
3. Using a pair of pliers, remove the EEPROM chip from the removed ink cartridge
4. Install EEPROM Chip in Flushing Solution Cartridge
5. Remove Black shipping Caps from Flushing Solution
6. Install Flushing Solution into ink tank box
7. In the maintenance utility ensure the printer status window is open and navigate to the troubleshooting tab
8. Press the "Ink Loading" Button
9. A dialog box will appear asking if you want to continue with ink loading - press yes to proceed
The system will begin its ink loading process which can take up to 30 minutes. During this process you can monitor the status in the printer status window. It is possible that a Fatal error can occur when using flushing solution instead of ink, this is normal and indicates the flushing solution has filled the printhead. The error usually occurs as the clear flushing solution cannot be detected by the printhead.
10. Once ink loading has been completed (or an error has occurred), turn off the printer.
11. Remove the flushing solution cartridge from the printer.
12. Remove EEPROM chip from flushing solution cartridge.
12. Reinstall EEPROM chip in cartridge of color that was flushed.
13. Reinstall cartridge into printer and verify other inks have adequate ink for ink loading (50% or more recommended)
14. Power on the printer. If an error occurred during the flushing process, the printer should begin the ink loaded process automatically. If it does not, navigate to the troubleshooting tab of the mainence utility, and click the ink loading button once again to load ink.
15. Once ink loading is complete and the printer status shows online / ready, print another nozzle check pattern to verify results of flushing the printhead.
If the color density looks light it is recommended to run a strong cleaning cycle on the printer. If the density still looks light after a strong cleaning, run another ink loading cycle to fully evacuate any flushing solution that may be in the printhead .