Shipping the PM-836 Printer
It is very important that proper care is taken before shipping the PM-836 printer. If the shipping the printer utility is not ran or ran in correctly, excess ink will be left in the system and can severely damage the system while in transit.
The draining process will send a fair amount of ink through the waste line. Ensure that your waste container has adequate room and will not overflow.
1. Open the maintenance utility, select Key Operator Mode (default) and press okay
2. Select USB as Connecting port (default) and press okay
3. Navigate to the Cleaning Tab at the top of the maintenance Utility
4.Press the button "shipping the Printer"
5. A dialog box will appear letting you know how long the operation will take. Press "Yes" to continue.
6. The printer will now begin sending ink back to the carriages. After about 10-15 minutes, another dialog box will come up
Remove the 4 ink cartridges from the system by unlatching the blue covers and pulling the cartridge out
7. After the ink cartridges have been removed. Press "OK" to continue ink draining. This process takes around 15-20 Minutes.
8. Once ink has completed draining, the following dialog should appear. Press okay and turn off the printer.
9. Verify that ink has properly drained by removing the back cover and inspecting the ink lines. The ink lines should look similar to the picture below - it is okay for small amounts of ink to remain in the lines
10. After it has been verified that ink has drained, disconnect the maintenance line and install the rubber cap included with the system on the maintenance port.
Note: If the rubber cap is not available, cut a small piece of the maintenance line and tie it off. Used maintenance lines and ink should be disposed of as per your local ordinance guidelines.
11. Preparation for shipping has been complete. Stretch wrap around the printhead is recommended for transit in the even residual ink leaks during shipping.